Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer 2011 Music



Sorry for the long lapse in time, but there's been so much to do! Lately I have been able to listen to so much new music, it's been really amazing. I just wanted to drop by and let people know of some new albums/bands that they should probably check out. This summer seems to have almost every band I enjoy listening to making a new album or starting a new project which is very exciting!

Here are some bands that you should put on your calendar to check out:

Thrice - Major/Minor 

Can't write a blog without putting my all-time favorite band Thrice into the mix. They just finished recording their 7th studio album entitled Major/Minor and it looks to be a great collection of songs. I've always been so enthralled with every single piece of music this band has made and that is one of the reasons I'll always love them. Be sure to check it out if you like alternative/rock music! Major/Minor is set to be released September 20th of this year.

City and Colour - Little Hell 



I really can't say enough about City and Colour. Dallas Green is such an amazing musician I think everything he puts out is simply golden. The lyrics on this album seem a little more "dark" than usual but I think it has the power to really resonate with anyone. It truly is a great piece of art and I recommend anyone to at least check it out. It's available now! I haven't been able to stop listening to Little Hell since it arrived in the mail. Definitely a acoustic/folky connoisseurs delight!

The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

Well frontman Casey from The Dear Hunter never ceases to amaze me. He recorded a concept album after all of the colors of the rainbow (ROYGBIV), including black and white this past year after traveling across the country in a van with his girlfriend and dog. There are about 36 songs in total for the entire color spectrum. Four songs on each EP for each color. The entire album collection will not be available until Tuesday, June 14th, however, I've already gotten an early preview of the songs due to a bundle package I picked up the other day in anticipation for their concert that I'll be attending in Pomona in August. It's been a great treat to see just how big this whole concept has really been. Writing about ten songs is tough enough, I can only imagine the amount of time this whole thing needed in order to be put together. I truly can't wait for this album to come out and I think everyone should check it out and take a gander at an amazing band at The Dear Hunter!

Death Cab for Cutie - Codes and Keys

Death Cab for Cutie has always been a group that has pushed the envelope and have always made amazing music in the process. Codes and Keys is no different, with great songs such as You Are A Tourist and Unobstructed Views you can see that they didn't want to have songs centered around solely guitars and in the end, came out with a great product that Death Cab has become known for. I can't wait to check them out in concert for the first time in August at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. Should be a grand time. Be sure to check out Codes and Keys which already available if you haven't done so.


See you guys later!

IM


Playlist: 
Little Hell (Album) by City and Colour
The Color Specturm (Album) by The Dear Hunter
Headlong into the Abyss by We Are Augustines

No comments:

Post a Comment